Adult Volunteer Opportunities
Our volunteers’ dedication and hard work makes an incredible difference in the lives of homeless animals!
We offer several different volunteer opportunities for adults. Read on to find the best one for you:
Long-term adult volunteers are asked to commit to a regular schedule of one 2 to 4 hour shift per month. Volunteers working directly with the dogs or cats must also attend Open Paw training.
Adult volunteers help out in many different areas, including:
- Animal Behavior & Enrichment for Dogs, Cats, and Small Wonders
- Adoption Center Assistance
- Special Events & Fundraising
- Humane Education
- Photography for adoptable pets, volunteers in action, and events
- Maintenance & Repairs
To become an Adult Volunteer:
- Contact Lucy Monette, Volunteer Manager, at Lucy@HumanePinellas.org or (727)797-7722 x238 to learn about our current needs and receive a volunteer application
- Attend a volunteer interview
- Attend a volunteer orientation upon acceptance
- Get started training and volunteering!
Our Short Term Volunteer Program is for adults who are unable to make a weekly commitment or who need their hours documented (for court, school, etc).
To become a Short Term Volunteer:
- Attend one of our weekly Short Term Volunteer Orientation sessions. Please register in advance: contact Lucy Monette, our Volunteer Manager, at Lucy@HumanePinellas.org or (727) 797-7722 x238.
- Sign up for hours! The dates and times are up to you.
Our foster program matches HSP pets that aren’t quite ready for adoption with caring people who open their homes. From unweaned babies to special needs adults, there are many foster opportunities to fit your household!
To get involved, start by filling out a Foster Volunteer Profile.
For more information, email HSP’s Foster Coordinator Danielle Bates at Foster@HumanePinellas.org.
The Humane Society of Pinellas recently received a grant from the ASPCA to assemble and train a disaster response team. These volunteers will be dedicated to assisting with natural and man-made disasters in Florida and across the U.S.
Come to an orientation to learn about the team and what’s involved. Orientations are scheduled for:
- Tuesday, September 10th at 7 pm
RSVP to Lucy Monette, Volunteer Manager, at (727) 797-7722 x238 or Lucy@HumanePinellas.org
Disaster Team Volunteers must complete several trainings in order to deploy: